- Head Start Teacher/Assistant Teacher
- Head Start Family Engagement and Health Manager
- Head Start Substitute Teachers
- MACAA Board of Directors Board Member
HEAD START Teacher/ASSISTANT TEACHER
MACAA Head Start is currently accepting applicants for the 2018-2019 school year. We are seeking qualified Teachers and Assistant Teachers.
We have classrooms in Nelson, Louisa, Fluvanna and Albemarle counties, and follow the school calendar. All of our classrooms have a teacher and an assistant teacher that work together as a collaborative team to provide a high quality educational experience for all children.
Teachers: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Psychology, Social Work, or similar (transcripts and/or copy of diploma are required)
Assistant Teachers: CDA, Certificate in Child Development or AA in Education preferred. Candidates with experience in child care will be considered. CDA will be required within 2 years of hire (FREE).
- Experience teaching children in a group setting (school, child care, camp)
- Strong classroom management skills
- Strong communication skills- both written and verbal
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to learning and using best practices
- Ability to adhere to Head Start Program Performance Standards and VA DSS Licensing Standards
- Experience with dual language learners, special education, or at risk populations is a PLUS
- Strong preference for bilingual candidates
- Ability to pass background checks and fingerprinting
- Strong attendance record
- First Aid/ CPR and MAT certifications is a PLUS
We offer ongoing professional development training. Health, dental and vision insurance are available to all employees. All employees receive paid personal and sick days, paid holidays (includes two weeks for winter holidays and a week of spring break) and paid inclement weather days. Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31.
HEAD START FAMILY ENGAGEMENT AND HEALTH MANAGER
Full-time, with benefits
$40,000 per year
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
The Head Start Family Engagement and Health (FE&H) Manager is responsible for managing the Head Start Family and Community Engagement service area as well as the Health service area. The FE&H Manager is responsible for integrating parent and family engagement strategies into all systems and program services to support family well-being and promote children's learning and development.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and monitor strategies to engage parents, to support the parent-child relationship, and to support father engagement;
- Encourage the development of relationships with parents that encourage trust and respectful two-way communications between staff and parents to create a welcoming program;
- Ensure that Family Advocates communicate to families that they are welcome to bring concerns to the Head Start staff at any time;
- Serve as a resource person to the Family Advocates as they collaborate with families;
- Provide regular individual and group supervision of the Family Advocates;
- Collaborate with parents to promote children's health and well-being
- Provide regular supervision of the Health and Nutrition Coordinator; and,
- Performe other job-related tasks as requested by the Head Start Assistant Director and Head Start Director.
Click here for a full job description.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jo Nell Chance, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com.
Head STart Substitute Teachers
Part-time, no benefits, $10.67/hr
Application deadline: Ongoing
Do you love working with children? Want to make a difference in the lives of children in our local community?
Head Start is a comprehensive preschool and pre-kindergarten program created in 1965. It is geared toward children and families that will benefit from a “head start,” and it prepares them for school. MACAA Head Start houses programs in Nelson, Louisa, Fluvanna, Albemarle, and Charlottesville.
We are currently accepting applications for substitute teachers in all of our classrooms. Interviews are held all year long.
All of our classrooms have 2 teaching staff and up to 20 children.
All candidates must have the following:
Love for children
Understanding of best practices in early childhood education or a strong willingness to learn
Ability to work well in a team-teaching environment
Ability to pass criminal background checks, TB test, and physical
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jo Nell Chance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAcaa board of directors--board member
As our region's Community Action Agency, MACAA uses a 15-member, tripartite board to promote the participation of the entire community in the reduction or elimination of poverty in the City of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Nelson, and Louisa. MACAA's board includes citizens designated by local governments, private-sector representatives, and low-income residents to assess local needs and address the causes and conditions of poverty.
MACAA assists low-income individuals and families to acquire useful skills and knowledge to achieve economic self-sufficiency. MACAA currently operates Head Start, Hope House, Project Discovery, and Rural Outreach programs. Monies to support the programs are received from federal, local, foundation, and private donations.
The Board meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at MACAA's central office in Charlottesville. Board members are expected to attend both the monthly board meetings plus at least one committee meeting per month, which, in addition to the monthly board meeting, requires the contribution of several hours of volunteer time per month.
If you are interested in applying for a position on our board, please download the application here and return the completed form to our office at 1025 Park Street, Charlottesville, VA 22901.