Now Accepting Applications for Head Start Teachers, TAs and Substitutes
Do you love working with children? Want to make a difference in the lives of children in our local community?
Head Start is a comprehensive preschool and pre-kindergarten program created in 1965. It isgeared toward children and families that will benefit from a “head start” and prepare them for school. MACAA Head Start houses programs in Nelson, Louisa, Fluvanna, Albemarle and Charlottesville.
We are currently accepting applications for our classrooms in Albemarle and Charlottesville for the 2017-2018 school year. Interviews will be held in June, with a start date in early August.
Our Head Start program follows the school calendar and provides paid leave for school holidays, and snow days, in addition to personal and sick leave. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. All teaching staff will be provided with professional development throughout the year.
All of our classrooms have 2 teaching staff and up to 20 children.
Qualifications and preferred certifications are outlined below:
Teachers: A minimum of an AA/ASin Education, with preference given to those holding a BA or higher. Candidates must have at least one year of experience in early childhood or elementary classrooms.
Assistant Teachers: A minimum of a CDA is required. Preference is given to candidates with a Certificate in Early Childhood Education or higher. Candidates should have at least one year of experience working in an early childhood or elementary classroom.
Substitute Teachers: Candidates should have or be interested in earning their CDA *OR* have a certificate/degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education *OR* have experience working in an early childhood or elementary classroom.
Love for children
Understanding of Best Practices in early childhood education or a strong willingness to learn
Able to work well in a team-teaching environment
Be able to pass criminal background checks, TB test and physical
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jo Nell Chance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit by June 21st and indicate which position(s) you prefer for consideration.
Part Time Accountant (16 hours per week) $28/hour
The Accountant prepares financial reports for the Agency’s management and its Board of Directors as well as for funding sources.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Complying with Federal and other funding-source requirements;
· Preparing required fiscal reports to organizations, agencies, and regulatory entities;
· Preparing monthly fiscal reports to the Finance Committee, Policy Council, and the Board of Directors;
· Presenting monthly fiscal reports to the FinanceCommittee, Head Start Policy Council, and MACAA’s Board of Directors;
· Ensuring compliance with Federal, state, and local taxing authorities;
· Ensuring compliance with MACAA’s fiscal policies and procedures and standard operating procedures;
· Preparing reports for Head Start grant;
· Contributing to the preparation of budgets for various grant applications;
· Promoting strong relationships between MACAA and federal, state, local, and community agencies;
· Ensuring compliance with procurement policies; and,
· Completing other assignments as assigned by the Senior Accountant.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting;
· Three or more years of experience in a fiscal-management-related position;
· Proven expertise with automated fiscal applications;
· CPA preferred;
· Experience in a foundation or a not-for-profit entity preferred;
· Knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles preferred;
· Experience with SAGE accounting program preferred; and,
· Experience with federal grant reporting standards preferred.